About Tambuzi Island
Tambuzi is a natural haven where visitors may enjoy some of nature\’s wonders, dive into its waters to observe its seabeds, teeming with life; see turtles lay eggs on its beaches, watch whales on their ocean routes, or savor the beauty of an African sunset. Tambuzi is, above al, a private paradise reserved for just a few guests.
Tambuzi Island is one of the exotic Quirimbas Archipelago\’s best-kept secrets. Its 32 islands off the coast of Cabo Delgado province in northern Mozambique offer much more than postcard perfect scenery.
The Archipelago is located in the Quirimbas Nature Reserve, an attractive destination for both divers and nature lovers.
- Complete title deeds and licenses (including the \”\”DUAT\”\”). *In Mozambique the State owns ALL land; a Land Use and Benefit Title (DUAT), if applicable or relative special license, is granted typically for a period of 50 years and renewable for 50 years in the 49th year (becoming a 99 year lease);
- The total island land mass is approx. 75Ha;
- The concession size is 52Ha (excluding INAMAR zone 100m from high-tide mark);
- The island has a lighthouse on the Eastern tip (automatically operated);
- There is one principle beach of approx. 1.5km, a second beach of approx. 300m;
- Vegetation; mangroves, corals, rocky plateaus, baobab tree, palm trees, fir trees, various other indigenous plants, typical characteristics of the Quirimbas islands;
- Wildlife and Marine life; birds, typical sacred crabs, turtles, whales, dolphins and misc. other marine life.
Installations, Infrastructures and Constructions to date:
- Central Pavilion (approx. 425m2 open plan unit for dining / sitting room with a large veranda, kitchen, pantry, 2 store rooms, bathrooms, 2 offices and shop);
- Swimming Pool, Bar, Deck;
- 8 en-suite chalets seaside, ALL fully furnished, (6 approx. 146m2 and 2 approx. 162m2) including sitting area, veranda, outdoor shower – distance between chalets approx. 45-50m;
- Manager’s chalet and additional 2 connected suites (25m2) with central deck for owners/ guests;
- Staff Camps: one of 8 houses and one of 12 houses;
- One general warehouse;
- Electrical installation; 2 x silent generators Himoinsa 100KW and 60KW that can work in parallel, each chalet has an independent installation;
- Water installation; 3 x Desalination AquaMar plants (RSA) reserve capacity 20,000lt;
- the island has authorisation for a 950m airstrip, which has been cleared for preparation for surfacing. There is available land to extend the airstrip length if necessary, subject to authorisation.
- *NB Quality installations carried out by RSA construction company Safari Thatching with RSA material;
- *NB There is ample space for more constructions, suitably villas in private secluded corners of the island.
- approx. 11NM East of Mocimboa da Praia (+-45min in small boat);
- approx. 75NM North of Pemba (+- 50min in helicopter / 40min small plane).
- Mocimboa da Praia, one of the longest airstrips in Mozambique capable of receiving jets (there is Customs / Immigration);
- Pemba, International airport with Customs and Immigration;
*Customs and Immigration may be possible to install on Islands with airstrips, upon authorisation from the Government and with the provision of infrastructures and salaries for Staff (e.g. Vamizi).
- The Quirimbas Archepalgo consists of 32 islands;
- Nearby islands with resorts / lodges; Vamizi, Medjumbe, Metundo, Quilalea, Matemo, Ibo, Muchanga, Tecomaji etc.
- Close to famous San Lazaro bank – world-class fishing destination (bill-fish);
- excellent fishing and diving (including walk-in from the beach), snorkelling;
- sailing (local dhow safaris);
- hunting safaris close to Mocimboa da Praia;
- Quirimbas National Park (photographic safaris);
- Ibo Island (famous historic point of interest, occupied by Arabs and Portuguese for commerce/slavery with interesting ruins, forts, culture and tourism).